Balm Balm Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm & Face Balm

Posted on Tuesday 7 July 2015



Organic skincare products have always been so important to me. Over the past year, I have found more and more that using skincare products made with strange chemicals, toxins and down right crazy ingredients make my skin feel dirty - not clean at all. Red patches and breakouts are just two of the problems my skin faces when using skincare products that are not organic. I absolutely love the feeling of applying something natural to my skin that I just know is going to work - and the application of natural products not only does your skin good, but releases stress and tension and relaxes you too. Is it the organic ingredients or is it some bizarre placebo effect? I don't know - but i'm not complaining.

Two of my favourite organic balms to use are of course Balm Balm products. The first is the Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm. The scent of Frankincense to me is one that is so relaxing - I love lighting Frankincense incense on a night to wind down, so why not lather a balm that is made of the stuff all over my face? As you can imagine, the scent of this product is amazing, but not only from the Frankincense. Shea Butter, Jojoba and Grapefruit are just a few of the ingredients that form a luxurious and perfectly healthy product that works a treat.

The texture of the balm is very thick, and has to be washed off with a muslin cloth after being left for 2-3 minutes (you can probably leave it on for as long as you want though). Even though the balm is so rich and thick, it does not dry your skin out at all. Quite the opposite, actually - after being washed off your skin is left feeling firm, plump and silky smooth. This is because the beeswax is being absorbed into the skin.

Although the cleansing balm does not advertise itself as a great pore remover, I have found that after using it on a night, any might-have-been angry pores have reduced in size and in redness overnight, so my skin is left looking noticeably clearer in the morning. I tend to use this product 3 times a week, alternating with a liquid cleanser.



After using the Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm, I love using Balm Balm's Face Balm (say Balm again). This product has an admittedly oily texture as it is full of essential oils such as Sunflower, Calendula and Jojoba, so I find that I have to use it before bed only and ensure I fully massage the product into my face and neck before hitting the pillow for the night. The product is quite bitty, but feels amazing when rubbed into the skin and leaves your face feeling completely hydrated. This product is made for extremely sensitive skin - so if you find that your looking for a rich face balm that is free from fragrance and chemicals, look no further.


Rebekah x

  1. Beautiful images! The face balm sounds great for my dehydrated skin x
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried organic products, but this makes me want to try!makeupbyhollymei.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a fan of Balm Balm, amazing products at amazing prices. New follower here :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year I switched to all natural skin care as well and I've noticed such a bog difference in my skin. It really makes a difference staying away from harmful chemicals
    www.westingwellness.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you take picture of your product! this little balm sounds great ! thanks for sharing ;)
    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

  6. Hi Rebekah! I'm new to your blog and I just want to say that you have such lovely photos! I too suffer from acne and for some silly reason it never occurred to me to try out natural products until reading this. I'll be sure to look up these products to see if they can help my oily/acne prone skin. Lovely review! :]

    - Elizabeth
    ♡ MY BLOG ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will defintely try this out! Gorgeous photos, btw

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like an interesting product. I would try to do something similar myself though.
    Lovely photos by the way!

    Anna
    http://plainandpure.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete